What is a dental crown?
A crown is a dental restoration that we may recommend if your tooth is severely damaged or decayed. If the tooth cannot be repaired using a filling, a dental crown is often the best choice for restoring the health, appearance, and function of your smile. The dental crown is designed to look just like your natural tooth and fits over the entire tooth, starting at the gums. Dr. Dolnick may recommend a dental crown in Niles, Illinois to restore your tooth to its original shape and size.
Do I need a dental crown?
Crowns are very versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes. Our caring dentist may recommend a dental crown to:
- Restore a significantly decayed or damaged tooth
- Protect and seal a tooth after root canal therapy
- Strengthen a tooth that is fractured or weakened
- Support a large dental filling when little original tooth structure is left
- Cover and complete a dental implant
- Anchor a dental bridge
Dental crowns can also be used to cosmetically enhance your smile. For more information on the many benefits of crowns, we invite you to call the dental office of Dolnick and Associates today.