Caring for your smile includes caring for your toothbrush. All oral health care utensils need to be cared for to ensure they can continue to function as intended. With your toothbrush, it is essential to make sure it is always kept in a safe location that is free of contamination. The better care that you give your toothbrush, the more accurately it can clean your mouth and continue to do so for many years to come. Here are some guidelines to remember:
– Look for products that have been recommended or suggested by your dentist as well as those that feature soft bristles. This can help lower your risk of dental abrasion.
– Brushes tend to wear down rather quickly, so it is important to replace them as needed. Ideally, you should replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months or sooner if needed.
– After you finish brushing each session, store your toothbrush upright in an aired-out location to allow it to stay clean. Never leave the brush on its head.
– To avoid contamination, avoid storing your toothbrush with any other toothbrushes.
– Make it a habit to never share your toothbrush with anyone else or use anyone else’s toothbrush. By doing so, you can spread harmful bacteria and cause further contamination.
No matter which smile makeover treatment you desire, Dr. Ira J. Dolnick and our team at Dolnick and Associates will care for your smile with optimum oral health care treatments. To book an oral exam, routine checkup, or professional cleaning at our dentist office in Niles, Illinois, please contact us at 847-299-3365.