Are you looking to improve your smile, but are hesitant as to which type of cosmetic dentistry procedure to use? So many options can be overpowering. Two of the best options accessible in modern dentistry are dental crowns and dental veneers. Let’s look at some benefits of each.
Dental crowns fully cover damaged or unattractive teeth by capping the complete tooth, down to the gum line. Dental veneers, on the other hand, mask teeth by binding a small durable shell to the front of teeth for a visually pleasing result.
Four Benefits of Dental Veneers:
– Customizable: Dental veneers can be modified based on color, size, shape, and curvature.
– Durability: They can last over a decade.
– Prestige: Multiple veneers can give you a gorgeous, flashing smile and are often used by wealthy individuals and celebrities alike.
– Tooth Strength: Veneers require little tooth enamel removal, even less than that of dental crowns.
Four Benefits of Dental Crowns:
– Customizable: Like veneers, crowns can be personalized based on color, size, shape, and curvature.
– Durability: They can last anywhere from ten to fifteen years.
– Functionality: Dental crowns improve the functionality and durability of a tooth, prolonging its lifespan.
– Versatility: They can protect against teeth with dental fillings, root canals, and even implants.
Before you make a decision on the best treatment for you, it’s best to consult with your dentist about your unique situation. If you would like to schedule an oral exam at Dolnick and Associates, simply call our dentist office in Niles, Illinois, at our number 847-378-1644. Dr. Ira J. Dolnick and our entire team look forward to making your smile shine!